Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Just Us Girls #201 Technique Challenge


This weeks Just Us Girls challenge is to make a shaker card.  I chose to make a beachy shaker.  The sand in this shaker is very special sand.  My daughter used to be a Flight Attendant.  On one of her trips she brought home a small jar of the pink sands of Bermuda.  It's hard to see in the picture, but up close and personal you can see pink flecks in the sand.  I used a Kraft card base for this card.  The pink layer is GKD Innocent Pink cardstock that I have embossed with a Cuttlebug Tiny Bubbles folder.  I, also, scored a small section at the bottom for the greeting.  The greeting has a distressed look to it.  I stamped it with Memento Espresso Truffle ink.  This layer was attached to a layer of GKD Powder Blue cardstock.  I tied some Doodle Twine blue and white twine and a blue button above the greeting.  I sponged the background of the focal image and attached a few shells.  The sand castle was stamped, colored and fussy cut.  Then attached to the background.  I used two layers of Scor-Tape to give enough clearance for the sand to fit between the background and the clear panel.  I stamped, colored and fussy cut some whirly gigs to decorate the outside of the frame.  This was attached to the card front.

Gina K. Designs Life's a Beach stamps
GKD Innocent Pink, Powder Blue & Kraft cardstock
Spellbinders Rectangles
Cuttlebug Tiny Bubbles embossing folder
Doodle Twine
Bermuda Pink Sand
http://justusgirlschallenge.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Girl...You are hitting these challenges out of the park!!! This Shaker card is awesome! Love the story behind the sand...this might be a card I would have to keep if I had made it! Some special sand!! Thanks for being such a continuous supporter of the JUGS team~ !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sand! Love it! Wish I could sink my feet into some of it! This is really very cute! Love it! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.