Thursday, September 5, 2013

Just Us Girls #204 Wild Card


This weeks Just Us Girls challenge was to use distressing.  I am totally out of my element here, so please don't laugh.  This card has taken me forever to make, although, it probably doesn't look like it.  I found a piece of bubble wrap and inked it with frayed burlap Distress Ink and stamped on a piece of white cardstock.  I cut the horoscope from the newspaper and sponged with spun sugar Distress Ink.  I crumpled it into a ball and very carefully smoothed it out.  I then sponged it with tea dye Distress ink.  I cut two small sections and attached to the white panel.  I stamped my focal image using PTI  Delightful Dahlia stamps onto white cardstock and colored with Copic markers.  These were cut with the Delightful Dahlia die set.  The leaves were attached to the white panel with tape.  The flower was attached with 1/4" pop dots.  I stamped the greeting with GKD Black Onyx ink and added a brown & white doodle twine bow.  The white panel was attached to a Kraft card base with 1/4" pop dots.

PTI Delightful Dahlia stamps & dies
Distress Ink - frayed burlap, tea dye & spun sugar
GKD Black Onyx ink
Doodle Twine
http://justusgirlschallenge.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

  1. I want to move next door to you so we can make cards together!!! You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flower image and love the BG you created. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea with the bubble wrap. I agree with you that distressing and shabby are hard to do. Looks like you could throw anything in there and it would turn out, not so much. Your is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty focal flower - Thanks for joining in with JUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.