Thursday, March 6, 2014

Verve Spring Has Sprung/Seize the Sketch #15





I am entering this card in the Verve Spring Has Sprung and the Seize the Sketch #15 Challenges.  The Verve challenge is to make a springy card with florals, pretty colors & inspirational quotes.

Spring comes to Indiana in many forms from flurries & cold temperatures, mild breezes & warm sunshine to storms & rain showers.  Many a Saturday, I can be found in my long underwear, wrapped up in a quilt on the soccer field watching my grandsons play.  We will be getting ready to do that again soon.  After the extremely cold Winter we have had, I am hoping for a milder Spring.  Surely Mother Nature won't throw two extreme seasons at us in a row!  

I just received from Verve this beautiful Poppy Birthday set as a prize from a previous challenge.  Thanks so much, Verve!  I wanted to use this stamp set because in my garden in the Spring I have beautiful orangy red poppies.  The patterned paper reminded me a lot of the the poppy image on the stamp.  The sentiment is another Verve prize.  I love this quote from Dickens about Nature Gives to Every Season a Beauty All Its Own. It seemed appropriate for this card.  Thanks so much for coming by to look!

Verve Poppy Birthday
Verve Every Season
Cuttlebug Baby's Breath EF
MME Tangerine patterned paper
Lil' Inkers Stitched Circles die
Spellbinders Classic Circles die
Recollections pearls

12 comments:

  1. So pretty Sharyn! LOVE the colors and those Verve Posies!!! Thanks for playing along with Seize the Sketch! Hope to see you stamping with us again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those poppies and the colors and how you decorated the centers! PRETTY! And that sentiment is lovely. Such a beautiful creation! (oh the Challenge title IS a lie!) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo hooo! Way to flash the new Verve :) Love that MME paper pad and I too have some lovely poppies in my back yard - just wish they would last longer. You rocked the Verve poppies and the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so pretty! Thanks for joining us on Seize the Sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card! I just adore poppies and this stamp set is perfect! I love the coloring and the great sentiment you paired with it as well!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful flowers and you used them perfectly on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As Lee would say, "This is all matchy matchy!" Lol
    I am trying to use new and different words to describe these cards. I will say that this one is Grand and Foxy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color combo used for this card and the sentiment is perfect. I found you on Seize the Sketch and thought if you love sketches I'd invite you to join us at Mema's Crafts. This month is a sketch challenge and you have four chances to win. Just follow this link http://memascrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty take on the sketch Sharyn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just lovely! I really like the warm colors and the pearl embellishments at the center of the flowers. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a really pretty card...love the pretty floral images with the pearls in the center. I also think that is a very beautiful sentiment. Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.