Saturday, August 2, 2014

Just Us Girls #252 - Word

Nancy is hosting our Word Challenge at Just Us Girls this week, and the Word is Ribbon. I use ribbon a lot, so this was an easy one for me.


I have always had an affinity for Flamingos.  There is just something  fun about a pink bird with long legs. Reverse Confetti had this wonderful stamp set in their newest release, and I had to have it.  Aren't they adorable!  I, also, used two of the dies from the same release called Tag Me Too and Perfectly Paisley. The patterned paper is from The Paper Studio.


While on vacation several years ago in the Bahamas, we visited the Ardastra Gardens in Nassau.  It is the Home of the Marching Flamingos.  They really are lovely, graceful birds. It makes me wonder, though, how they support themselves on those skinny legs.


The Recipe:
Reverse Confetti Fabulous Flamingos
Reverse Confetti Tag Me Too and Perfectly Paisley dies
Darice Swirl Background EF
GKD Pure Luxury White and Bubblegum CS
The Paper Studio patterned paper
GKD pink and white gingham ribbon

Please visit the Just Us Girls blog to see the beautiful cards the rest of the team and our, Guest Designer, Kristie Goulet, have made this week using ribbon.  I hope you will be inspired and come play along with us. We would love to see what you create!

If you win Chic of the Week in any of our August challenges, you will be in the running to be chosen as our Guest Designer for the month of October.  Good luck!

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, love the little details, like the embossed water splashes! Flamingoes are cool, a few years back I had 50 of them throughout my yard! lol Great card, I always love a tag ON a card! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need that flamingo die! Fabulously used and a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought those flamingos where garden props!!!! Love your bright summery card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the queen when it comes to ribbon and bows on cards. But what I really like on this different card for you, is the art deco look to the BG.. It just goes so well with the pink Flamingoes. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't those flamingoes so much fun! I just love them and glad I purchased them too! Your card is so fun and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not sure if I knew you loved flamingos! Such an adorable card and I agree that you are a ribbon tying Queen! Great job...and looking forward to catching back up with you whenI get home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun! I am also a flamingo lover. Love the tropical feel of this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very fun card! I love these flamingos and had to have this same set. I haven't used it yet but you have inspired me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, this is so much fun! The colours, the wonderful birds, the cheery background, and of course, the ribbon. I love it all, great card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Flamingos are such stunning birds. I love their little legs and how they bend! Your card is so pretty. I love that die!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! The flamingos look amazing with bold flowers in the BG :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.