Saturday, September 27, 2014

Just Us Girls #260 - Photo Week

This week at Just Us Girls it's Photo Week.  Sue V. has chosen a beautiful Fall photo to inspire us. Before we get started I have a couple of announcements.  I want to thank Barbara Hagen for being our GD for September and sharing her wonderful talent with us.  Thanks, Barbara!  I, also, want to welcome two talented ladies to our team, Ina Grehan & Chris Dring.  Welcome, ladies!  You can see their beautiful cards beginning with our October challenges.  Be sure to come back and show them some love.

 Don't you just love Fall colors!  This is my favorite time of the year.  It's not too hot and not too cold, and I love the changing of the leaves with all of that glorious color.  I tried to capture some of that color in my card, take a look.




I started by using a Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A die on white card stock.  While the die was still in place, I sponged first with GKD Sweet Corn and then with Sweet Mango.  The pumpkins were stamped, colored and fussy cut, so they could be popped up with pop dots.  I used a couple of leaf punches to make four colors of leaves and embossed them with a Cuttlebug Swiss Dot embossing folder.  I added a ribbon, button and some twine to finish it off.

The Recipe:
GKD Heartfelt stamp set
Emagination & Marvy leaf punches
Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A die
Cuttlebug Swiss Dot EF
Offray ribbon
GKD Tomato Soup button

Please visit the Just Us Girls blog to see the beautiful cards the rest of the team and our, GD, Barbara Hagen, have made this week.  I am anxious to see how you were inspired by this wonderful photo.

If you win Chic of the Week in any of our September challenges, you will be in the running to be chosen as our Guest Designer for the month of November.  Good luck!

10 comments:

  1. Love every one of your details on this card Sharyn...down to the twine and the embossed leaves and as always your perfectly done sponging! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Fall too....and Spring! And I LOVE your card, that Heartfelt stamp set is one of my most favorites, and you have made it look even more beautiful on your creation! Love the twine too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Sharyn - such an awesome card with the richest colours. Beautiful in every way and that bow is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the embossing on the leaves, what a genius idea. All that texture. Your colors are awesome too, and I love the coloring on the pumpkins too. Really great take on the challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bright and beautiful fall card. Awesome job Sharyn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the soft sponging around the edges, really sets off the pumpkins and fence. Great idea to emboss the leaves like that. We were definitely thinking alike on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You put so much love and detail in your cards and it is not lost here in this one. The embossing on the leaves that match the layer, perfect bow and the sponging. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A perfect fall card! I love the bright orange ribbon with the twine behind it. That is a pretty touch on this fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You captured the inspiration photo beautifully! Gorgeous bow and pumpkins! Awesome job my dear! Have a Blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.