Saturday, February 21, 2015

Just Us Girls #281 - Color Week

This week at Just Us Girls it's Color Week.  Lisa is our hostess and she has chosen a fun color combo for us, pink, navy, beige & silver.  We are asking that you use 3 of the 4 colors for this challenge.

Here's my card

I used the Center Stage Cover Plate from PTI for my background.  This is such a fun die.  I  love the inlay look.  I had to cut this out in four different colors for this card.  I have lots of pieces left over for another card or two.  The gorgeous flowers are from PTI.  Their three stamp process is stunning!  I love them in pink.  I used a Fancy Framed Tags Two die from Spellbinders as the base for the sentiment, and added some enamel dots from My Mind's Eye.



This card I actually made first but couldn't decide if I liked it or not.  I used a new stamp set from W Plus 9 called Just Geometrics - Triangles and stamped them with Gina K. Designs Bubblegum Pink, Kraft and Navy ink.  I used the Envie Wrap and Circles & Scallops dies from Reverse Confetti and the sentiment is called Roundabout Additions, also, from Reverse Confetti.  Thanks for coming by to look!

Please visit the Just Us Girls blog to see the beautiful cards the rest of the team and our GD, Stephanie, have made this week.  I hope you will be inspired and come join us for Color Week.

If you win Chic of the Week in any of our February challenges, you will be in the running to be chosen as our Guest Designer for the month of April.  Good luck!

16 comments:

  1. Totally fabulous! I just adore your trendy cards the bg on both are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome color combo here!!! So much fun! Okay, and now I want that PTI 3-step flower, gorgeous!! And I also want that chevron cover plate - I am IN LOVE with the inlayed look. Love both your cards, such great use of those colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them both, especially the first one......gorgeous!! That color combo is one I would never have thought to put together but I like it. Like Judy, I love the inlayed look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the design of your first card, and that cover plate and those beautiful blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just outstanding designs. I see that you have mastered the stamping on the flowers. They look marvelous! So stunning on the background, but not over done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are fabulous. Love your backgrounds esp the first one and that flower set is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops my comment disappeared so here I go again. Both cards are fabulous Sharyn. Love the backgrounds and esp love that flower on the first one. Great layouts for those beautiful colours this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two very beautiful cards Sharyn! That cover plate is awesome and perfect for the color challenge! Fabulous job on both of them! Have a Blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card, it's totally gorgeous! And now I've gone and bought those stamps and dies so I can do it too - stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them both and I like when I stop by and it's a two for one day! I think either one of them would have been great for the challenge! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Chevrons are a hot topic right now - great combination of colors. Thank you for the inspiration. Sometimes I look at a die and think...cool..but what would I do with it. You have answered that query! Each card OWNS its own awesomeness! I have the same philosophy sometimes...When in doubt - make two!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely LOVE the first card! The bg you created with that cover plate really sets off the whole card! (We used the same flower stamp too! Love that one!) The second card is just as beautiful! I would have had trouble deciding which to post as well! Great job with the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A two for!!! Love the graphic backgrounds paired with the flowers on the first and the big sentiment on the second. Fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both cards are lovely! That cover die is awesome and I love how you inlaid the colors for a beautiful backdrop for the gorgeous flowers. The triangles on the second card are so fun and trendy and paired beautifully with that fun sentiment stamp.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.