Thursday, February 26, 2015

Seize the Birthday - Make It Masculine

This time at Seize the Birthday our topping is Make It Masculine!  Of course, it is always "Anything Goes", if you don't want to do the topping, as long as it's for a birthday.

Here's my card



This is the birthday card I made for my husband.  The "Happy Birthday" is on the inside.  My husband went with me to a new scrapbook store in our area a few months ago.  After we got inside, we took off in different directions looking at all of the new goodies.  A few minutes later he was at my elbow with this tool die set from My Favorite Things in his hands.  He said he knew that I didn't have anything like this.  I had to buy it, as I'm always looking for masculine card ideas.  I thought it would be perfect for him! He is such a tool guy!  I went on the MFT blogsite and ordered the sentiment set that went with it and, also, the pegboard cover plate.  Thanks for coming by to look!

The Recipe:

MFT Let's Tool Around
MFT Pegboard Cover-Up
Memory Box Happy Script die (inside)
Hero Arts Birthday (inside)
Gina K. Designs Pure Luxury White, Kraft, Blue Denim & Red Hot CS

Please visit the Seize the Birthday blog to see the beautiful cards the rest of the team have made this time.  I hope you will be inspired and want to play along!

4 comments:

  1. How fun and clever! Love that set and your design. Hmmm, I did not know Husband's were allowed in craft shops....lol (actually I didn't even know you could buy MFT stuff in a shop, what one?) Love this masculine card! Hope he was surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. I resisted getting these items from MFT when they were first released but now I'm wishing I hadn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this die set, it's fabulous. Didn't know they had a peg board that matches, but I think the little dies that you use to attach the tools are so clever. I love this card, a perfect man-creation. Great layout and color choices. And I'm so jellie - my hubs just stays in the car when I go into a craft store, and no way does he know what stuff I have...you are a lucky woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic guy card. I love that pegboard. I know of two stores in Nashville and A Little Bit Moore and Neu Scrapbook store. Is there another one around here? I would love to go visit if you could let me know. So many have gone out of business and there aren't many left. My email is on my blog under about me. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.