Saturday, May 30, 2015

Just Us Girls #295 - Wild Card

This time at Just Us Girls it's a Wild Card Week.  Hi, Sharyn here and it's my turn to be your hostess. I have chosen an oldie but a goodie as our inspiration - Paper Piecing.  Paper piecing brings back fun memories of playing with paper dolls when I was a child.  I hope you will enjoy it too!

This is our last week with Tenia as our GD.  I would like to thank her for sharing her wonderful talent with us.  Thanks, Tenia!  I hope you will come back and play with us again.

Here's my card

I always tend to reach for these adorable Diva stamps when I paper piece....just like paper dolls.  I used a red and white gingham paper for the Diva and a pretty flowered pattern for the background. The die cuts are from Spellbinders and the clouds are from The Cat's Pajamas.

Recipe:
GKD Rainy Day Diva
Spellbinders Classic Ovals & Scalloped Ovals
The Cat's Pajamas Cloud Border
Simple Stories Summer Fresh patterned paper
GKD Smitten patterned paper


This was just a quick one I made using a pretty flower stamp from the A Year Of Flowers set.  I used patterned paper from the Smitten paper pack.  I used a Copic Multiliner  black pen to draw the stitching on the background.  I added a happy "hello".....love this font!  Also, added some buttons from my stash.

Recipe:
GKD A Year of Flowers
W Plus 9 Hand Lettered Hello
GKD Smitten patterned paper
Copic Multiliner Black pen
Buttons from my stash

Please visit the Just Us Girls blog to see the beautiful cards the rest of the team and our GD, Tenia Nelson, have made this week.  I hope you will be inspired and play along.

If you win Chic of the Week in any of our May challenges, you will be in the running to be chosen as our Guest Designer for the month of July.  Good luck!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful and fun cards! Love paper piecing, it adds so much! Your rainy day diva is super cute in he designer slicker ad matching umbrella. Your big bold blooms are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her outfit. So cheery for a rainy day. But I have to say, my favorite today is the big bold flowers that you added paper piecing too. I never thought of that is is looks so,good. Thanks for the inspiration. As I said, wheni grow up, I want to make card just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE paper piecing, and I love your challenge. Great idea!!! Your cards are both so cute - whenever I see a gingham pattern I think of you - it seems to be your style. Beautiful papers and those enamel "raindrops" are really cute with the fluffy clouds above. Both your cards are awesome!!! Hope I have time to play.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharyn your cards seriously ROCK! Both these cards are amazing - such a fun use of the patterns of the paper you used! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what fun cards you do make Sharyn. I love both of them. I agree with Donna, the rainy day diva is super cute and I love the big bold blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are awesome with using pattern paper. I love how they always go so well together. Love her raincoat and unbrella that coordinate with her boots. Wish I could look that good on rainy days! Your flowers are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2 awesome cards! I love the coordinating raincoat and umbrella on the first one and those flowers are so fun in the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharyn these are such delightful creations. Love the raised clouds on the first and I love the paper pieced flowers on the second.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous creations for our paper piecing challenge Sharyn. Love them both as they are so bright and colourful. Thanks for the great challenge as it gave me a chance to use a new stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are equally amazing! Way to rock the paper piecing on both!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two very gorgeous creations Sharyn! Love her outfit with the matching umbrella and the pretty paper on the the flowers! Awesome job on the paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.