Thursday, October 8, 2015

Seize the Birthday - Splatters

This time at Seize the Birthday we have a topping of Splatters.  Of course, it is always "Anything Goes" if you don't want to do the topping, as long as it's for a birthday.

Starting with this challenge, we will be adding a new feature to Seize the Birthday.  Each month we will have a Surprise Party Guest joining the team for that month.  We felt it was time to recognize those of you who play along with us week after week.  So, keep playing and you may be our Surprise Party Guest too!

This month we are welcoming Anita from France as our Surprise Party Guest!  Welcome, Anita!  Please visit Anita's blog My Papercraft World to see her beautiful creations!


Anita from France


Here's my card



For my background I started by sponging Distress Inks onto some white card stock.  I love Distress Inks and don't use them nearly enough.  They blend so beautifully.  I picked Fall colors for this card and then added some water splatters and some white and brown paint splatters.  I love the way it turned out.  The leaf and acorn cluster is from a set called Quilted Autumn and the sentiment is from a set called Wonderful Words: Birthday.

Please visit the Seize the Birthday blog to see the beautiful cards the rest of the team and our Surprise Party Guest, Anita,  have made for this challenge.  I hope you will be inspired and come play along.

The Recipe:

Distress Inks Crushed Olive, Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade & Mustard Seed
PTI Quilted Autumn & Wonderful Words: Birthday
We R Memory Keepers  Brown & White Twine
GKD Pure Luxury Ivory & Warm Cocoa CS
MFT Notched Border (inside)

8 comments:

  1. LOVE your background, super colors/splatters! Those leaves are pretty amazing too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card Sharyn. Love that background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the background on this card. It could be a Myrtle Beach fall! Love how you are finishing the inside of your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this. Your colors are awesome and I really like how you have down that splatter. The leaves and acorn just look wonderful here, thanks for the inspiration once again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Donna. I love everything about it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharyn, this is just gorgeous ... what a stunning splattery background ... love that beautiful leaf and acorn cluster against it! Thanks so much for the lovely welcome and shout out ... and for having me over as Surprise Party Guest at Seize The Birthday! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to get your a crown that reads...background Queen! The touch of white splatter brings the card up a notch! Fabulous my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so very pretty! I love the background you created.
    Thank you for always encouraging me

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.