Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Flat Stanley Project

We were invited by our grandson, Donovan, to participate in the Flat Stanley Project his second grade class was doing.  If you aren't familiar with Flat Stanley, he is a little boy who had a bulletin board fall on him and smash him as flat as a piece of paper.  There is a series of books about his adventures. We were asked to take Stanley around our hometown and document our adventure.


We had to color Stanley, and I put him in a Whiteland Warrior sweater from our local high school. Our town is rather small, but we were able to go to a few places.  We visited Proctor Park which was created to honor Veterans, current military, police officers, firemen and first responders.  We took Stanley to our favorite pizza place for a quick lunch, and then spent the afternoon at Rascal's Fun Zone.  He had a great time and we did too!  To finish off the day, we went to a local ice cream shop for a sweet treat.  It was yummy!



Our day was documented with pictures and put into a little picture book.  I, also, made bookmarks for the entire class.  I hope they like them!

Thanks for coming by to look.  Your kind comments are always appreciated.

8 comments:

  1. My grandkids have done Flat Stanley too here in Oregon! We even sent him off to visit a relative in Norway..he does get around. I love your idea of a picture book and those tags are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh he is the BEST! I love how you colored him, sweatshirt and all. Years ago one of our nephew's did this project too. Flat Stanley went to Boston, lots of history! I think Matthew got an A :) LOVE your bookmarks, the kids are going to be soooooo surprised!!! Well done, Nana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen Flat Stanley all over the world so he is a popular figure. Your tour of Whiteland is such a great idea for him. Pizza and Rascal's are the two places we always go there so I know he had a great time. The book is a wonderful idea to have as a keepsake and I know the class will love their bookmarks. I'm sure your grandson loved the whole process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks mom, they look great. He is lucky to have a grandma like you. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Flat Stanley does get around. You really went the extra mile with the photo book and bookmarks. Your coloring is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how cute and fun!!! I bet everyone had a great time. I have heard of Flat Stanley before. Thanks for sharing, this is just great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I was teaching my Reception class in the U.K. (4 and 5 year olds) we did the Flat Stanley project too. It was great fun and all the children enjoyed finding out about different places in the world. What a lovely idea to make all the children in the class a bookmarks, I'm sure they were/will be thrilled with them. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a good grandma you are! I love Flat Stanley!! What a treat for the class as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.