Saturday, August 19, 2017

Merry Christmas Mice

I am starting to work on my Christmas cards.  Last year, I waited until November, and I sure didn't want to do that again.  This one is a CASE of Betsy Veldman's adorable card.  I am so in awe of her talent. Click on the link to see and read about hers.


I sponged the background with some blue ink and then created the snow with a snow stencil and Dap Fast'N Final Lightweight Spackling.  The tree and the star are from the All Through the House kit.  I changed the greeting to Merry Christmas and added a snow bank and brown pearls for the eyes.

Hint:  It is much easier to get the mouse ears lined up if you die cut the body first. 

Thanks so much for coming by to look.  Your kind comments are always appreciated.

The Recipe:
PTI Christmas Critters
PTI All Through the House - Christmas Tree & Star
PTI Holiday Swoosh
SSS Stitched Slopes & Hills
SSS Falling Snow
Dap Fast'N Final Lightweight Spackling

7 comments:

  1. I was so enamored of this when I saw it over on Facebook. I like it even more here! Those little mice just make me smile, and you have used the spackle perfectly. I LOVE the texture of the falling snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sharyn this is just too darn cute. Like Judy, I love the texture of the falling snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so stinkin CUTE! I love those Christmas Mice all decked out in their Holiday sweaters--so FAB! And that textured stenciled snow looks AMAZING! Love this, Sharyn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharyn, This is so adorable! Makes me want to start my Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those cute little mice. You are so wise to get started on Christmas cards. I always wait till the last minute and are making mine in December.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you to start earlier! I started and then the wedding things took precedent...hope I will find the time to finish! Yours is adorable and as good as the original, if not better! Love the sweaters on the mice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.