Sunday, April 28, 2013

Just Us Girls #186 - Photo Inspiration


This weeks JUGs challenge is to draw inspiration from the photo above using damask, flowers, pink & black.  My card has a little of all four.  I started by stamping three flowers with VersaMark and embossing with black embossing powder.  I then sponged Memento Angel Pink and Rose Bud ink on them and fussy cut.  I had a beautiful piece of damask patterned paper that I backed with black for the larger panel.  I used a die and cut the second panel with black cardstock.  I made a panel of white cardstock slightly smaller than my card base , attached a piece of black & white checked ribbon and stamped my greeting.  I attached the flowers and the panels with 1/4" pop dots.
Gina K. Designs A Year of Flowers
Gina K. Designs Tag Lines
Gina K. Designs Petals & Wings patterned paper
Spellbinders Labels Seven
Offray black & white checked ribbon
Zing black embossing powder
http://justusgirlschallenge.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous Sharyn! You hit this challenge out of the park! The flowers, the ribbon, the paper...wow! So glad you played along this week at Just Us Girls!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout and a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great flower image and mix of the pink colours. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! LOVE the flowers, all of the shades of pink and the layout is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls, hope to see you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. Congrats on being Chic of the Week at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.