Monday, June 17, 2013

Dynamic Duos #57


This weeks Dynamic Duos color challenge is Pear Pizzazz & Basic Black with an optional plant theme.  I have been wanting to try the chalkboard technique and thought this would be the perfect time to incorporate black into my focal image.  I stamped my image on some black cardstock with VersaMark ink and embossed with white embossing powder.  I drew an outline with white pencil around the greeting and patted with my static free embossing pad to give it a chalky appearance.  I cut this out with a Spellbinders Classic Rectangles die and embossed.  I stamped a fern image onto white cardstock with Memento Pear Tart ink.  I attached this to a piece of pear colored cardstock.  I used black & white gingham ribbon and a button to add some interest to the bottom of the card.  I attached the panel to a black card base.  The focal image is attached with pop dots.  I, also, fussy cut one of the ferns and popped it up on the top of the focal image to give it a little more depth.
GKD Poster Board Sentiment
GKD Vogue Vases
GKD Black & White gingham ribbon
The button is from my stash
Doodlebug twine
http://thedynamicduoschallenge.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Love your background and what a great focal panel. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Sharyn! Love the background and your chalkboard panel & sentiment is very cool. I still haven't tried this technique! I really must give it a go.
    Thanks for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.