Wednesday, September 18, 2013

CASology Week #62 - Arrow


 
This week's Cue Card is Arrow.  I just happened to receive "happy mail"  the other day and it included a background stamp from Hero Arts called Vertical Arrows.  I had watched a video by Jennifer McGuire where she stamped the background and cut the pieces apart and then inked them the colors she wanted.  Here is my version of that technique.  I stamped the background on white cardstock and cut the rows apart.  I inked each strip with two Distress ink colors.  I added three strips vertically to a white card base, and three strips horizontally.  I stamped my greeting on white cardstock that had been cut with a Spellbinders Standard Circle die.  I made another circle in a size larger with GKD Blue Raspberry cardstock and attached the two together.  I added the circles to the card base with 1/4" pop dots.  I made four red hearts with a Marvy heart punch and added them to the card.

Hero Arts Vertical Arrows & Operation Write Home Stamps
GKD White and Blue Raspberry cardstock
Distress ink - Chipped Sapphire, Pumice Stone, Wild Honey, Peeled Paint, Barn Door, Spiced  Marmalade, Peacock Feathers & Salty Ocean
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
http://casology.blogspot.ca/

4 comments:

  1. Lovely!!! Arrows within the strips is brilliant!!!


    Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just learned something new (and I didn't even have to watch the video! lol!) What a great idea - love how you've used it to make this clean, fun card! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great effect. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.