Monday, September 9, 2013

Just Us Girls #205


This weeks Just Us Girls challenge is a sketch challenge.  I flipped it on its side as my images were a little large.  I've had this stamp set for awhile and not used it much, so I decided to pull it out for this challenge.  The stamp set is STAMP IT BIG! 2 from Gina K. Designs.  I picked out the birdhouse because I wanted to pair it with the Aviary Cuttlebug embossing folder by Anna Griffin.  I had to emboss about 3/4 of the Turquoise Sea cardstock in order to get the bird positioned in the right place.  Then I embossed the remaining 1/3 of the cardstock.  This was attached to a piece of Red Hot cardstock.  I stamped the birdhouse image onto white cardstock and then paper pieced using My Mind's Eye and GKD Red Carpet patterned paper.  I used Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A die to cut the strip for the greeting.  I stamped the greeting and this was embossed and sponged with Sweet Corn ink.  I cut this into two pieces so it would show on each side of the birdhouse.  The greeting was taped to the turquoise panel and the brads were added.  This panel was then attached to a Sweet Corn card base with 1/4" pop dots.  The birdhouse was then attached with 1/4" pop dots.

GKD STAMP IT BIG! 2 stamps
Cuttlebug Aviary by Anna Griffin
Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Hearts & A2 Matting Basics A
My Mind's Eye & GKD Red Carpet patterned papers
GKD Turquoise Sea, Red Hot & Sweet Corn cardstock
http://justusgirlschallenge.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Adorable house! Thanks for joining in with JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw your comment -- are you still having problems seeing the entire post? Can you check again please -- thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.