Saturday, December 21, 2013

Just Us Girls #220 - Color

Welcome to this week's Just Us Girls Challenge

Sue T is hosting the Color Challenge this week.  She has pick a gorgeous combination of colors for us to use.  Aren't the colors rich and vibrant!



Here's my card


The stamp set I used is from Gina K. Designs and is called Season's Greetings.  I love this gorgeous ornament stamp and, as luck would have it, there is coordinating patterned paper.  I love the rich, vibrant colors in this paper.  I stamped the ornament on ivory cardstock with cranberry tart ink.  I used a Spellbinders 2012 Snowflake Pendant die to cut out the ivory piece, and I cut another piece out of Kraft cardstock.  I layered these two pieces.  I put a piece of thin ivory ribbon in two of the holes at the top of the die cut to hang the ornament, and attached it to the patterned paper with 1/4" pop dots.  I stamped the greeting onto ivory cardstock using charcoal brown ink and cut this out with a Spellbinders Fancy Framed Tags One die.  I sponged the edges with Kraft ink and attached with two copper brads.  I added some Recollection tiny white pearls and a cranberry bow to the ornament.  The cardstock is from GKD - Cranberry Tart, Kraft & Ivory, as is, the ink - Cranberry Tart & Charcoal Brown.

Please visit Just Us Girls to see what the rest of the team and Jan have come up with this week.  Jan Del Bone is our Guest Designer for the month of December.  I hope you will be inspired to come and play.  We would love to see what you create.

I am, also, entering this in The Curtain Call Challenge - Sweet Snowflakes

Just a reminder that Just Us Girls will be continuing the Guest Designer position.  Winning  Chic of the Week puts you in the running for the GD spot.  At the end of the month, after we have all of our Chic's of the weeks for that month, the JUGS girls will decide who the Guest Designer will be. The Chic picked from the December challenges will be joining the team as our Guest Designer for the month of February.

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 


9 comments:

  1. Love it! That double snowflake is beautiful! Great use of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! Love your dual layered snowflake with the gorgeous bg paper~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous snowflake card! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is elegant. Love the paper and the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Sharyn!! Love that ornament stamp and the focal one on the layered die is stunning. Great card :) Wishing you a blessed Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just smashing! I love the ornament stamp! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so lovely, Sharyn! thanks for playing along at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that gorgeous ornament on that equally gorgeous die! Those little pearls are beautiful accents.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Already told you that this card is the BOMB!!!! Merry Christmas my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.