Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Mod Squad Hearts & Glitter




This week's Mod Squad Challenge is to use at least one heart and glitter.  I used a Spellbinders Oval die to cut a piece of Bubblegum card stock, and then I used a technique called Ink Bordered Die Cuts to achieve the white edge on the oval.  I used the Gina K. Designs True Friends stamp set.  I stamped it on the oval with Black Onyx ink and colored the hearts with a Sakura Rose Star Glitter Pen.  I cut a piece of Bubblegum Glitter Paper from Colorbok with a Spellbinders Scalloped Oval die.  I inked the edges of a white paper doily with GKD Bubblegum ink.  The patterned paper is from Doodlebug and is called Sweetheart.  I was so happy when I went through my GKD Mixed Berry buttons and found the little heart button in Bubblegum.  I attached it to a white ribbon with pink & white Doodlebug twine.  The card base is GKD Bubblegum.





6 comments:

  1. That is so cute. I love how you stamped the sentiment over the strings of the balloons too. Great way to use that set. Everything is super beautiful together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so pretty. The first thing I noticed (after that beautiful focal) was that darling background paper. I love it and it works perfectly here. And what is that Ink Bordered Die Cuts technique? So you cut the die in pink and then created the border in white? Love that too!! Well done my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharyn this is just gorgeous! I love that doily bg!! And what fun dp! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty design, love your glittery hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, I love how you colored the tips of the dollie.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh so gorgeous! Love the glittered oval too! Thanks so much for playing along in our challenge at the Mod Squad Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.