Friday, August 22, 2014

Curtain Call - Tropical Trip

The inspiration at Curtain Call this time is Tropical Trip.  This was a fun card to make.  My husband and I have been fortunate to take one dream trip to Alaska, and now the next dream trip will be to Hawaii. 

 Here is my card:



I received the Toucan stamp in a grab bag at Gina K. Designs.  It is from a set called Aloha.  This is the first time that it has seen ink, so I was very happy to get to use it.  I paired him up with some tropical paper from The Paper Studio.  He was getting lost in all of that color, so I added a piece of Vellum to soften the colors. The picture die is from Lil' Inkers.  I added an embossed panel and some gingham ribbon.  Thanks so much for coming by to look!

The Recipe:
GKD Aloha, Stately Flowers 4 (Hawaii), Make a "State"ment (Wish I were in.....)
The Paper Studio patterned paper
Vellum
Lil' Inkers Instant Camera die
Spellbinders Scalloped Rectangles
Cuttlebug Tropic Bloom EF
Offray Gingham Ribbon





3 comments:

  1. Perfect for the insp. photo!! Love this :) Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you clever girl! I love your use of vellum here. I'm gonna print this out - the layout is wonderful!! And you nailed the colors in this challenge perfectly - I just LOVE this card!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Sharyn. Love the Toucan over the vellum with the flowery background panel. The colors are wonderful. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.