Monday, October 27, 2014

Simon Says - Get Crafty and Use Kraft

This week the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge is Get Crafty and Use Kraft.  I saw a technique on Pinterest that I'm using with this card.

Here's my card


I stamped the poinsettia spray on Kraft card stock with white pigment ink and embossed with white embossing powder.  I painted the flowers with reinkers that had been spritzed with a mixture of water and Perfect Pearls.  It's hard to see in the photo but there is a subtle glimmer on the flowers.  The sentiment was stamped on a ribbon tag and embossed with white embossing powder.  I added a green bow, button and some twine.  Thanks for coming by to look!

Recipe:

Power Poppy Poinsettia
Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio Two
Gina K. Designs Pure Luxury White, Grass Green, Red Hot & Kraft CS
GKD Fine Detail White EP
GKD Red Hot, Cranberry Tart, Grass Green, Fresh Asparagus Reinkers
Offray green ribbon
Button from my stash
Stickles Yellow

I didn't realize until after I had posted this that I had forgotten to color the centers of the poinsettias, so here is another photo.  lol


8 comments:

  1. THAT'S a beautiful technique on your beautiful card! Oh Pinterest, how I love you so....black hole of time loss..... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness Sharyn this is awesome. So beautifully made. Love everything about your card - the big sentiment and your gorgrous bow. Gotta love Pinterest. A serious addiction of the best kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo pretty Sharyn! I love poinsettias and will have to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so beautiful with that gorgeous poinsettia! It looks fabulous on that craft paper in the white ink! And I love that beautiful bow also! Fabulous job my dear! Have a Blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You nailed this...OMG! Stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharyn, I love checking in on your very creative blog and I am glad that I did this morning. What a treat, your card is gorgeous!, I love the Poinsettia stamped and embossed on kraft, it's such a pretty soft look and your coloring is spectacular. Your design layout with that fabulous bow and sentiment work beautifully together. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I love them both, but gotta say the addition of the centers makes it special. This card certainly is special. Beautiful design, as always, and that bow. Time spend on Pinterest is time well spent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Sharyn! The image is so elegant and pretty, & so beautifully coloured too.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.