Saturday, February 7, 2015

Just Us Girls # 279 - Word Week

This week at Just Us Girls it's Word Week.  Cheryl is our hostess and she has chosen "Love" as our word.  With Valentine's Day just around the corner it should be easy to come up with a love card. Here's how I was inspired.



I was going for a country feel on my Valentine's Day card, so I used a fun cover-up die from My Favorite Things that looks like a quilt.  I used a red and white gingham patterned paper and red and white card stock.  I added a stitched scallop border to anchor the sentiment and a couple of crimped hearts.  The sentiment reminds me of an old Captain and Tennille song.  lol  I know my husband will get a kick out of it.  The "love" die cut was tripled and embossed in black to make it shiny.  I added a red heart in the middle and a diamond gem.  Thanks for coming by to look!

Please visit the Just Us Girls blog to see the beautiful cards the rest of the team and our GD, Stephanie Severin, have created this week.  I hope you will be inspired by our "love" week and come play along.

If you win Chic of the Week in any of our February challenges, you will be in the running to be chosen as our Guest Designer for the month of April.  Good luck!

Recipe
MFT Quilt Square Cover-Up die
Lil' Inkers Stitched Scalloped Border
PTI Wonderful Words: Love
Verve Heart Quartet die
Gina K. Designs Smitten patterned paper
GKD Pure Luxury White & Red Velvet CS

14 comments:

  1. Your creation is absolutely beautiful Sharyn! It definitely looks like a beautiful quilt! And I love the hearts and the scalloped border! Have a Blessed day! Warm hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy oh Boy! I needed to take a closer look at this one to see how the heck you did this. Very Very nice! The country look that you wanted is great and the colors, well, you know. I love the border on the bottom. The LOVE with the filled in heart and the diamond gem is genius. This card certainly speaks LOVE. I bet I know who is going to get it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your paper quilt ... so excited to be joining you for February.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow loving all the dies you used for this beautiful card! Great designer paper choice as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! Love all the layers and the details you put into it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAB.U.LOUS! I love the love die too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, love that background, love all the details! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love this die! I made some Christmas cards with it and it's so pretty for Valentine's Day too! Love that sentiment...funny cause Captain and Tennille called it quits! LOL! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous Sharyn. Love all the work you put in to this card. So much gorgeousness to look at. Lucky Hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First thing I thought of when I read your card...LOL SUPER Card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Sharyn, I love this card. It looks like the quilt on our bed right now! I love the scallop along the bottom and the Love with red inset is gorgeous. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that quilt block background! So pretty with the scalloped border, die cut sentiment and those cool striped hearts. The perfect LOVE card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that quilt square die! So many possibilities. I am also in love with the inlay look - I'm doing it more and more. Your card is so darling. Great colors and your scallop border with the love word and hearts is just the perfect finishing touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is wonderful and love the quilt look along with the hearts and love sentiments! So cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.