Saturday, November 14, 2015

Just Us Girls #319 - Trend Week

This time at Just Us Girls it's Trend Week.  Maria is our hostess and she has chosen the trend of Water Color.






I struggled so much with this challenge.  I can't tell you how many backgrounds I tried to make only to throw them in the trash. Then I made another card that I was going to go with, but didn't really like.  I decided I could do better than that.  I'm probably going to sound like a crazy person, but when I go to bed, after I get my mind to settle down, if I think about a particular card I need to make, I will usually come up with an idea.  That is how this card came to be.  lol  I have been known to get out of bed in the middle of the night and lay out the stamps I have been thinking about.

I started with some Strathmore Water Color paper and a stamp set from PTI called Fall Florals.  I colored the stamps with Distress markers and spritzed with water, then stamped.  I was thrilled with the results!  Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Please visit the Just Us Girls blog to see the wonderful cards the rest of the team and our GD, Louise Hodge, have made this week.  I hope you will be inspired and come play along.

If you win Chic of the Week in any of our November challenges, you will be in the running to be chosen as one of our two Guest Designers for the month of January.  The team will be taking a 2 week break in December, and therefore, will not have a Guest Designer for December. 

The Recipe:
PTI Fall Florals
Distress Markers Twisted Citron, Peeled Paint, Abandoned Coral & Ripe Persimmon
GKD Pure Luxury Peach Bellini & Charcoal Brown
Strathmore Water Color Paper
Spellbinders Standard Circles & Scalloped Circles
Recollections enamel dots

13 comments:

  1. Oh is that crazy thinking?!?! I just always thought it was creative thinking lol I sometimes will leave a card project on my desk overnight, in the light of day it never looks as bad. I think your water color flowers are gorgeous! This is not an easy technique, yet you have manage to make it look beautiful! Your colors are fantastic and I love that sentiment! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL! You out did yourself this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made my day Sharyn, now I can tell hubby dear I'm not the only one to "create" in the middle of the night. lol Your card is beautiful. The flowers look like you could just pouf them away. Love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that I was the only one that created cards in the middle of the night. Most of my good ideas come then....so strange. I love this card, it's so pretty. I'm all about watercolor, it's my favorite medium. You have nailed it here, just gorgeous. Now I'm gonna go get out my stuff and make a card like that. Oh, and I love your sunny colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Sharyn. Funny when we think of a card layout at the oddest times. Great thinking for this challenge. Love the colours you chose and that fabulous big sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out beautifully! I love the softness of the spritzed and stamped flowers and leaves. So soft and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGoodness! So many crafter get ideas or get up in the middle of the night to create the idea that "pops" into their head. Me too! Fun that you shared this with us. Love the card that cam from this idea and o love the dreamy look of the watercolor flowers. That sentiment if so perfect placed on the round circle to match the flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are so related! LOL I too have gotten out of bed and either got out the stamps or made a quick sketch! You did a great job and I can't imagine that the others were bad either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your card came out beautiful. Love those pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful card, love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your comment about thinking about a card is exactly what I do. When I think of a challenge I have to do or want to play in, I think about it all day at work or after I've gone to bed, like you. Glad you thought long and hard about this card because it's truly a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL! Reading all the comments, I feel like I'm part of a cool group of chics! I do the same thing: coming up with an idea in the middle of the night then having to get up to lay out the stamps! Your card looks amazing! Love the soft colors and your design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great card Sharyn. I love that spritzed technique and it made your card beautiful. I have pictured a card in my mind in bed but sometimes I can't remember it in the morning. It makes sense to get up and either make it or get the stamps out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.