Saturday, April 9, 2016

Just Us Girls #338 - Trend Week

This time at Just Us Girls it's Trend Week.  Sue is our hostess and she has chosen the trend of Smooshing as our inspiration.



This was my first time with smooshing.  I started out with blues and turquoise and ended up with yellows and oranges.  lol  My smooshing was done in layers, and I did use watercolor paper.  I used lemon drop, sweet corn, sweet mango and tomato soup inks.  If you've never smooshed before, it's very easy.  Just put down some ink on an acrylic block or craft mat and spritz with water.  Lay your card stock on top and move it around.  I love my smooshed background!  I embossed the feather in liquid platinum and then used Ranger sticky embossing powder and Martha Stewart glitter.

Please visit the Just Us Girls blog to see the gorgeous cards the rest of the team and our GD, Angie, have made this week.  I hope you will come and play along.

If you win Chic of the Week in any of our April challenges, you will be in the running to be chosen as our Guest Designer for the month of June.  Good luck!

The Recipe:
PTI Feather Finery
PTI Meadow Greens (sentiment)
GKD Lemon Drop, Sweet Corn, Sweet Mango, Tomato Soup inks
DCWV Foiled card stock
Kuretake watercolors for the splatters
Ranger Liquid Platinum and Sticky EP
Teresa Collins enamel dots

11 comments:

  1. Smooshing.....fun to say fun technique to try! love your glorious feather on your beautiful background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this with the soft colored "smoosh" and that beautiful feather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous use of the trend -- love that big ole feather too

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out beautifully! I love your color combo and that awesome feather, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your smooshed background is amazing! Great choice of colors and the feather is pretty too! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so jealous of your smooshed background. It is beautiful and I love how you just added a small amount of sparkle to the feather. It really shows off the feather. I will try to smoosh again as you have inspired me. I've tried before and it just never came out well. The ink colors are so pretty together and the names made me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this!!! Your background is awesome, sure wouldn't think it was your first time. Great colors, and that feather is perfect. Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smoothing is so much fun because you never know what you will get. Love the look that you achieved here with the feather as your focal image. Another sweet card from you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Smooching is fun and makes a great background. Your feather looks wonderful on that background

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning colours on your amazing background. Love the feather feature. Awesome card Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is SO lovely, Sharyn. I've never heard of smooching - how fun! Thanks for your love on my painting. I'm on self imposed paper-craft restriction so I can get my paintings done for the American Graffiti event in our town in May - seeing your beautiful creations is making my withdrawl considerably harder! LOL I miss crafting with you, sweetie. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.