Thursday, May 7, 2015

Seize the Birthday - Use the Negative

This time at Seize the Birthday the topping is to Use the Negative.  Of course, it's always "Anything Goes" as long as it's for a birthday.  Can't wait to see what you make!




For my negative, I used some balloon dies from Paper Smooches and cut them out of a piece of white card stock.  On another piece of card stock, I sponged my balloon colors and then layered the two pieces together.  I add the strings and drew a little bow around the base of the balloon.  I layered it with a piece of black card stock and put it on an Ocean Mist card base. 

Please visit the Seize the Birthday blog and see the beautiful cards the rest of the team have made.  I hope you will be inspired and want to play along.

Recipe
Paper Smooches Balloon dies
SSS Birthday Balloon stamps
SSS Handwritten Borders
GKD Square Pegs stamps
Offray Gingham ribbon
GKD Turquoise Sea button
GKD  Pure Luxury White, Black Onyx & Ocean Mist CS
Doodletwine 

7 comments:

  1. Great card and love the idea of stamping the sentiments on the negative die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh isn't this FUN!? Love your balloons and that black and white gingham ribbon--I would put that on ANY kind of card, it always looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this is so pretty. What a fun challenge. Love your blended colors and the fun shapes that look like balloons! Gorgeous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with our topping this time Sharyn! Love the gradient colors and the strings look super! Great card my friend and Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome card Sharyn! Love your little bunch of balloons tied together with that gorgeous bow :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sharyn, this is so cute! Great birthday card for anyone. I love how you did the strings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so much fun! Love the sentiment in the balloons.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.