Saturday, January 9, 2016

Just Us Girls #325 - Trend Week

This time at Just Us Girls it's Trend Week!  Sue is our hostess and she has chosen the trend of Metals or Metallics.



I am having a lot of trouble getting my creative juices turned back on after the holidays.  My husband was off from December 19th to January 4th, and I was not able to get into my craft room during that time.  I think my mojo went to sleep.  I finally had to force myself today to sit down and work on this challenge.  I used two beautiful sets from PTI.  I started with Background Basics Art Deco and used Kraft card stock and Kraft ink.  I love the subtle tone on tone look.  The other set is called Brushed Blooms.  I stamped them using some of PTI's beautiful inks.  The metal element I added is a charm in the shape of a heart.  The sentiment was embossed with white embossing powder.

Please visit the Just Us Girls page to see the wonderful cards the rest of the team and our Guest Designers, Deepti and Vicki, have made this week.  I hope you will come and play along with us.

If you win Chic of the Week in any of our January challenges, you will be in the running to be chosen as our Guest Designer for the month of March.  Good luck!

The Recipe:
PTI Brushed Blooms & Background Basics Art Deco
PTI Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Hawaiian Shores, New Leaf & Ripe Avocado
PTI Summer Sunrise CS
GKD Kraft CS
GKD Kraft ink
Doodlebug twine
Charm  from my stash

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love that subtle background for the pretty flowers and the little heart charm is adorable and so fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful design! Love those happy and colorful flowers! The metal charm is a perfect addition to this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the looks of your card, I'd say you never lost your mojo. This is beautiful! Love how those pretty flowers pop off the background, and that charm is the perfect metallic touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, if your mojo is missing, I sure can't tell. This card is awesome!!! Love that background, so Art Deco. Also love how you did the flowers, great colors. I'm with you, though, I am finding that I have to force myself to go into my craft room. I feel like all my stuff is blah. But, it's all good, and all in good fun, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you got right back into the groove with this card. Love the little heart you added. I am so sorry to hear of you foot problem and hope it is not painful with your boot on. Four to six weeks is a long time when you're dragging around a boot. I hope it goes fast and takes care of the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd say your mojo woke up with a bang. This is beautiful!! I really like that background and how the flowers pop. The little heart charm is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your bright and cheerful coloured flowers. Looks so nice on kraft. Love the sentiment font. Great tiuch with the little heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore hanging charms on cards -- this card looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, love that BG and the lovely little charm is just perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am right there with you Sharyn, my mojo is still on Holiday, at least I hope so! Love your beautiful flowers and that Charm looks perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know why you think your mojo is gone, because this really is so pretty! Love the bg too! I know I have this set and I don't think it's ever seen ink! (Of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your MoJo is perfectly in tact! Love those beautiful flowers and your sweet little charm!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.