Thursday, March 24, 2016

Seize the Birthday - Water

This time at Seize the Birthday our topping is Water.  Of course, it's always "Anything Goes" if you don't want to do the topping as long as it's for a birthday.

We have two new designers joining the Seize the Birthday team this week.  I would like to welcome Barbara Campbell and Vicki Dutcher.  They have both been around blogland for awhile, so I'm sure you will recognize their work.  Please visit their blogs and leave some love.

We will be saying goodbye to our Surprise Party Guest, Jacquie, with the completion of this challenge.  Thanks so much, Jacquie, for sharing your wonderful talent with us!




I decided to make a water scene for this challenge.  Isn't this fun!  I stamped the sand using a stamp from Impression Obsession.  I masked it off and then sponged the water using Distress Inks in Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers.  The submarine, which just had to be yellow, is from Reverse Confetti. The other cute little elements are from Lawn Fawn.  I used some PTI Rainstones as the bubbles for the fish.  The birthday greeting on the inside says Make a Wish, Blow Out the Candles, Eat Cake & Celebrate.

Please visit the Seize the Birthday blog to see the beautiful cards the rest of the team and our Surprise Party Guest, Jacquie,  have made.  I hope you will be inspired and come play along.

The Recipe:
Lawn Fawn Fintastic Friends
RC Here We Go (submarine), In a Big Way (inside sentiment)
PTI Rainstones
Lil' Inkers Stitched Rectangles
Impression Obsession Sand
MFT Calm & Cozy Chevrons patterned paper
Distress Inks Salty Ocean & Peacock Feathers

10 comments:

  1. Love all of the cute water animals and the yellow submarine on this card. The bubbles really add to the realistic scene. Cute take off on the greeting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great water scene. Love the cute fishes and yellow submarine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooooo cute!! Everything looks like it's really under water

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooooo ADORABLE! Yellow submarine (now I'll be singing that for the rest of the afternoon--thanksosmuch! lol Love your fishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is just too cute! You reminded me that I have this stamp set, I must get it out and play :) Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card, I love all those sweet fishies, and that wonderful yellow submarine. And I really love how you used the Rainstones to look like bubbles. ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sand, your images and that great background that I don't even have to guess you made yourself...Awesome job! Happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable, Sharyn ... your underwater world is just so cute ... fabulous detailing ... and I love those droplet bubbles! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So adorable Sharyn! Love your little underwater scene.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.