Thursday, July 28, 2016

Seize the Birthday - Pink & Brown

This time at Seize the Birthday our topping is Pink and Brown.  Of course, it's always "Anything Goes" if you don't want to do the topping as long as it's for a birthday.


I have to say that I struggled with this one.  With this color challenge you are allowed to use pink, brown and whatever neutrals you need.  Neutrals are white, ivory, black, brown, Kraft & gray.  So I decided to use two shades of pink (Bubblegum Pink & Passionate Pink) and two shades of brown (Warm Cocoa & Kraft) for added interest.  I started with a set from W Plus 9 called Quilt Prints for my background.  The focal image is from PTI and is called Just Desserts.  The sentiment and dies are from Reverse Confetti.

Please visit the Seize the Birthday blog to see the beautiful cards from the rest of the team and our Surprise Party Guest, Mynn Kitchen.  I hope you will be inspired and come play along with us.

The Recipe:
W Plus 9 Quilt Prints
PTI Just Desserts
RC Love Note, Circle Sentiments
Recollections Pearls
GKD Bubblegum Pink, Passionate Pink, Kraft, Warm Cocoa & Black Onyx inks

9 comments:

  1. Well THAT is the perfect background paper for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you had trouble it doesn't show! Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Putting your image onto a background of white and then onto the quilt is just perfect. The cake looks delicious and I love the addition of the flowers and the sentiment. Doesn't look like "trouble" was a problem for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looooooooooove when you create with that background! I think this is the prettiest of them all, gorgeous combo. And that cake YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sharyn, this is fabulous!! We were on the same page, but I love your background!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Sharyn. Love the yummy looking cake and the papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That must have taken a fair about of time to do all that stamping, but it sure paid off. And I venture to guess it was kind of fun to do it. I love the colors you chose, and I also love the design and layout. Very cute card with the yummy cake....and great take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No evidence of a struggle here! this card is delightful!! Amazing background!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that background! That's an awesome card and I really like that cake :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.