Wednesday, April 19, 2017

You are Toad-Ally Awesome

This little toad makes me happy!  Isn't he a cutie!


This stamp set is from MFT and is called Springtime Critters.  The background is a panel I made a few weeks ago using a finger nail polish technique.  I love how it came out.  The colors are very vivid.

For this technique you need a container big enough to submerge a piece of card stock.  Start by filling the container with water.  Add the finger nail polish by drops until the surface is covered.  You need to act quickly.  Place the card stock on top of the polish and push under water.  Lift it out and allow to dry thoroughly.  It is a fun background to make and use.

The Recipe:

MFT Springtime Critters
MFT Blueprints 31
MFT Cross Stitch Circle die

Thanks for coming by to look.  I always appreciate your kind comments.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fun background. I have nail polish in colors that I don't use so I must do this. I hope it comes out as pretty as yours did. The toad is so cute and the sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He IS!!!! And I love that background, I remember you made a bunch of panels, this looks AWESOME! This is just one of those fun FUN cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Toad-ally cute Sharyn. What an amazing, colorful background. That seems like a technique I need to try, especially since I have tons of unused nail polish. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gee - this card is so stinkin' CUTE!! Love how you have used that background. Wasn't that a fun technique to try. I have a ton of panels I made too. Your little toad is super sweet, he just makes me smile. Great card, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry I am so late in commenting on this card. I remember the nail polish technique, it have not tried it. You really go an interesting one here. Al that was need was that adorable little frog. Love seeing your cards again, Sharyn.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.