Friday, October 20, 2017

Make It Monday #300 Build a Wreath

I am playing along with the Make It Monday Challenge Build a Wreath today. I loved Melissa's video and her gorgeous examples.  Here is my card.


I didn't have the gorgeous wreath Melissa used, but I am going to buy it as soon as it's back in stock.  I did, however, have the gorgeous set called Sprig Wreath.  First, I started with the background.  I used a lattice stencil from the Garden Gate kit and sponged with Spring Rain ink.  I stamped the wreath pieces using the rock and roll method and New Leaf and Pinefeather inks.  I added some leaves from the Spruce & Sprigs set and some smaller greenery and pinecones from the Sprig Wreath set.  To top it off, I added a Cardinal from the Winter Woods set.

The Recipe:
PTI Winter Woods
PTI Sprig Wreath
PTI Spruce & Sprigs
PTI Garden Gate lattice stencil

Thanks so much for coming by to look.  Your kind comments are always appreciated. 

9 comments:

  1. Sharyn, your sprig wreath is so lovely! You added the most beautiful greenery, and the background sets it off perfectly. The red cardinal is the cherry on top! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using the soft color on the background and then accenting with the green wreath, Fabulous! I agree, that the cardinal is the topping on this card. You are making me spend more money. I think that I need this stamp and die. I am blaming you in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just such a lovely card. That beautiful cardinal is set off perfectly by the shades of green you have chosen. I just got this stamp set yesterday in the post...after seeing what this...I cannot wait to use it. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, your coloring of the background looks just like pp. You are so good at backgrounds that look so authentic like papers. The wreath is so pretty. I love the pinecones added. I hope your epidural is still working well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love how you stenciled the background and the bird is perfect sitting on those extra branches. I used this stamp set too for my card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this card Sharyn!! I think maybe you are feeling better and have some relief from back pain? I hope that is the case. I think this is a perfect wreath to use for building up and I love the addition of the cardinal! Have a wonderful Sunday! Heart Hugs, Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pretty wreath and that big bold beautiful Red Cardinal--my most favorite! This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty card! I am so in love with that Winter Woods stamp set, I don't know why I have never gotten it. I really like everything about this, well done!!! Love how you have used that Lattice Stencil too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE! The way you sponged the background but left the center still white to showcase your beautiful cardinal and wreath looks fab! Super card Sharyn!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.