Tuesday, July 17, 2018

MIM #329 Creating Stencils from Die Cuts

This week at Make It Monday Melissa showed us how to stretch our dies by creating stencils with them.


I used the Mix & Mat Postal die to make my stencil and then sponged with Spring Rain and Aqua Mist inks.  I added pretty posies from the Botanical Bounty set and inked them in Hibiscus Burst, Berry Sorbet and Orange Zest.  The leaves were inked with Limeade Ice, Green Parakeet and New leaf.  I used a pretty polka dot patterned paper from the Spring Rain Bitty Big pack.  I also added a small border that I inked in Spring Rain and Aqua Mist inks.  The sentiment is from the Penned Elegance stamp set.

Thanks so much for stopping by to look.  Your kind comments are always appreciated.

The Recipe
PTI Mix & Mat Postal die
PTI Botanical Bounty
PTI Penned Elegance
PTI Bitty Big Spring Rain patterned paper
MFT Blueprint 32

15 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Love the color of your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I love those polka dots, large and small. The postage die is so pretty with the flowers. Pretty card, Sharyn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card, Sharyn. I've been seeing some fabulous cards using the color blue lately and am feeling called to make one myself. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharyn, I'm always in aww of how soft and beautiful your cards are, and this one is no exception. I love the polka dot paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Sharyn! Love your pretty pink flowers against the soft blue BG. The flowers really “POP!”

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! I really like the color of your flowers and that blue background is perfect to show them off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another pretty, feminine card - gotta love the dots and stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love that soft stenciled blue on your postage die cut, so pretty! Fab florals and a wonderful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Sharyn!! Your stenciled background and polka dot DSP frame your lovely, lovely flowers just beautifully! The colors and blending on your flowers is so pretty and they just really pop against the shades of blue in your background. GORGEOUS card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really beautiful Sharyn! I was inspired by your inking of the flowers, they look perfect. And such gorgeous colors. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sharon, your card is BEAUTIFUL TOO!!! (THANK YOU for coming over to comment! (((HUGS))) for that!) ;) LOVE that you used the Postal Mix & Mat Die & the Botonical Bounty Set! SO PRETTY! AND your stenciling is SO FUN, & goes SO WELL with the patterned paper you chose! JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful, Sharon! I love the soft blues behind the flowers, and your stenciling adds the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How pretty! Love the flowers & colors you used!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.