Saturday, October 4, 2014

Mod Squad - In The Pink For October

This week at Mod Squad the challenge is In The Pink For October.  With so much going on this month concerning Breast Cancer Awareness, I knew I wanted to make a card with soft colors and very feminine.  This is what I came up with.





I looked through my stamps searching for something with an appropriate sentiment and this one fit the bill.  This wonderful set is from Gina K. Designs and is called Don't Lose Hope.  It is a stamp set duo which includes a cute butterfly and the sentiment Don't lose hope, because you never know what tomorrow will bring.  Isn't that a perfect sentiment!  We all need hope.  Without it, what do we have?

I was having trouble finding patterned paper for the background, so I ended up making my own by stamping the butterfly with Innocent Pink ink on Bazzill Tutu Pink card stock.  I chose a pretty die from Spellbinders called Romantic Rectangles, added some ribbon and pearls.  The butterflies were paper pieced with some paper from my stash and I'm not sure who made it.  Thanks so much for coming by to look!  I am, also, linking this Cat's Just a Word Challenge over at Stamp TV.

Recipe:

Gina K. Designs Don't Lose Hope
GKD Pure Luxury White, Innocent Pink CS
Bazzill Tutu Pink CS
Recollections pearl embellishments
Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles

9 comments:

  1. What a soft and elegant card! This is really lovely and I love the background you created. Thanks for sharing and for leaving your kind comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous and perfect card for breast cancer awareness! Love the butterflies and the sentiment too! Have a Blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making your own background worked out so well in this card. Soft colors and all matchy matchy. The sentiment is perfect for this topic and it difentently a feminine card. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! That die is gorgeous and I love your butterflies! So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful and elegant. Gorgeous card and a wonderful message.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much pink going on in the challenges right now. You have achieved a perfect example here. I love everything about this card, from the handmade patterned paper, to all the sweet pearls. Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your background paper is so pretty. It blends so well with the butterflies on the card. It's a sweet card with such a true message.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it's perfectly pink and feminine..I love all the pearls!! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous Pink creation Sharon! I love the softness of it & the sentiment is great!
    This card would be perfect for the Think Pink challenge over at The Crafting Cafe this month!
    Hope you can join us!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.