Saturday, October 4, 2014

Just Us Girls #261 - Word Week

This week at Just Us Girls it's Word Week!  Hi, Sharyn here, and I have chosen Celebrate as my word this week.  So, use your imagination and show us all the ways that you celebrate!

Guess what today is?  It's World Card Making Day!  How great is it that our Word Challenge - Celebrate would fall on this day!  So, everyone get out there and make a card today.

 I would, also, like to welcome our Guest Designer, Wanda Cullen, for the month of October. Welcome, Wanda!  Ina and Chris will be posting their first cards with us today too!  Be sure to stop by their blogs and leave a little love.  Welcome, girls!

Here's my card



I love the bunny stamps at The Cat's Pajamas!  This one is called One Cupccake.  Isn't he a cutie!  I paired it with some fun patterned paper called Hootenanny by My Mind's Eye.  I really like the paper with the cupcakes on it, but then I covered most of it up with the focal image.  lol


The Recipe:
The Cat's Pajamas One Cupcake stamp
MME Hootenanny patterned paper
Verve ribbon
Spellbinders Standard Circles & Lacy Circles
MME enamel dots

Please visit the Just Us Girls blog to see the beautiful cards the rest of the team and our GD, Wanda Cullen, have made this week.  I hope you will want to play along.  We would love to see how you are inspired by the word Celebrate!

If you win Chic of the Week in any of our October challenges, you will be in the running to be chosen has our Guest Designer for the month of December.  Good luck!

10 comments:

  1. Your card IS a Celebration! I am loving that bunny and those ears! Super cute! Happy WCMD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Word for us this week....Love your card too! You are so good at knowing when to stop on your sponging and it's always perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharyn-- this is fabulous. Love the dp and matching patty paper on your delicious cupcake. Lucky I had my fill of cake yesterday. Beautiful bow and scallop edging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bunny is so adorable! Love all the colors you chose it definitely says let's celebrate! I got to make a card yesterday had some time to play after I finished painting and put everything back together! Enjoy your day! Have a Blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card, Sharyn! What a perfect image to use for a celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bunny peaking over the cupcake! Great challenge Sharyn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the warm welcome, Sharyn! I totally love your fun birthday card using this adorable image! Perfect celebration card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super sweet card! I love the cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling image! Love those sprinkles and the bunny peeking over it.. Great choice of a word for this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.