Saturday, October 3, 2015

Power Poppy - Happy World Card Making Day

Happy World Card Making Day!  I informed my husband of my plans to play with my stamps today and he took off for the flea-market. LOL!  That should give me a couple of hours to myself.   I'm playing along with a fun challenge from Power Poppy.



Here are the specifics:
1.  You must use this sketch for inspiration.


2.  Use non-traditional colors to create a Holiday card.
3.  Add a little sparkle or bling.

I chose this pretty set from Power Poppy called Bottlebrush Holiday.  Whenever I think about cute bottlebrush trees, I think of bright, fun colors.  This fit in perfectly for the non-traditional colors requirement.  I paired them with some bright pink patterned paper and card stock.  I added Wink of Stella over all of the trees to give them some sparkle.  I hope you like it. Thanks so much for coming by to look!

The Recipe:
Power Poppy Bottlebrush Holiday
Coredinations patterned paper
Spellbinders Standard Circles & Scalloped Circles
Wilton Doily
Wink of Stella


7 comments:

  1. OMGeee - I LOVE what you did with those cute trees. I love that stamp anyway, so retro. And then to use those colors - just so stinkin' CUTE!!! Thanks for the great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible colors and card Sharyn! The shadows around the stamps looks great too! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those trees are adorable. I love non traditional colors on Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha, mine just went out the door to work....life is good! (knock on wood!) LOVE your card, the pink is awesome as are those trees--love them! (I made a card for this and it is hideous....sigh) Yours is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and cute little bottlebrush trees! Fabulous colors you chose and I love the doily! I have some of those little trees for my Christmas village ! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a busy weekend, I was not able to create, but so glad I have lots of friends who could. You, my dear, are so creative with the fun card in the non traditional colors. You followed the sketch perfectly. This is a winner in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharyn, I can see these little colorful trees on a mantle someplace! Love the color scheme you picked for this non-traditional challenge -- it just screams happy! I don't have Wink of Stella but I can only imagine how much more this sparkles in real life! Thanks for playing along with us gals over at Power Poppy! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.