Saturday, February 16, 2019

To Have and To Hold

My husband retired on February 1st and everything has changed.  He is home all of the time.  Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE having him home.  We are used to doing everything together and it has been nice to not have to plan everything around his work schedule.  I need to get over feeling guilty about spending time in my craft room, though.  I know when the weather is better he will be outside in his wood shop and doing other things.

Today he went to lunch with some of his retiree friends, so I had some time to myself.  I ran quickly to my craft room and created this card.


I pulled out some new sets from PTI that I haven't had time to play with yet.
I, also, wanted to get away from pinks and reds,
 so pulled out some beautiful shades of yellow with touches of orange and green.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Your kind comments are always appreciated.

The Recipe:
PTI Sweet Stitching
PTI Love in Bloom
PTI Shape Shifters Circle 1
PTI Flower Power - bow
PTI Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold Orange Zest, Green Parakeet.

8 comments:

  1. You sure put a little bit f crafty time to great use. This is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much. The colors, that background, the pretty heart and die cuts. It's just so cheery and happy. Really beautiful! Having your hubs retired takes some getting used to, but you will settle in. I'm sure he doesn't begrudge your spending time in the craft room, so don't feel guilty. He knows it makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the colors, so refreshing after all the pinks & reds. It won't be long before you and your hubs settle in to a perfect routine. Our routine: he works on his bobbies I work on mine then we meet in the family room at 4:00 everyday for "wine time"....I think that's a requirement when you live in Sun City. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you're a stronger woman than I, Tom's been sick for a few days and has been home....this too shall pass lol Beautiful card, love that pretty background and your beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great he is retired now and you get to do so much together. I love this beautiful card with bright, happy colors. When he goes out with his retired buddies we need to meet up for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trying to adjust to a new norm....you all will figure it out! We always do our own thing on the weekends and meet back for lunch and then again for our 3:30 coffee. Your card is really pretty Sharyn! You should enter it here.....http://rainbowcardchallenge.blogspot.com/2019/02/challenge-2-one-week-reminder.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharyn, your card is beautiful! Love the colors you've chosen to work in, very refreshing after a winter full of reds/greens/pinks/reds. Gives me hope of spring! Dave and I have been retired for 10 plus years and I love it but that doesn't mean it's without "challenges" that's for sure. But I wouldn't change it for anything! Give it time and you'll find your balance. Again love your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.