Saturday, September 6, 2014

Just Us Girls #257 - Word Week

This week at Just Us Girls is Word Week.  Cheryl is hosting and has chosen Leaves as our word. With Fall fast approaching, this should provide you with lots of inspiration! Can't wait to see what you come up with.  I would, also, like to welcome our Guest Designer, Barbara Hagen into the fold. Welcome, Barbara!



I love Fall!  It is my favorite time of year.  The temperature is cooler, and the trees begin to show their beautiful colors.  It will soon be time to have a fire in the fire pit......love it!

I used a stamp set from Gina K. Designs called Autumn Leaves for my focal image, and Fall Foliage for the sentiment.  The patterned paper is called Grateful Heart, also, from GKD.  I love the wood grain look and the gorgeous colors in this paper.  It paired wonderfully with GKD Ivory, Cranberry Tart & Warm Cocoa card stock.  I just bought some new dies from Reverse Confetti that I was anxious to use.  I love them on this card.

Recipe:
GKD Autumn Leaves & Fall Foliage stamps
Reverse Confetti Love Note & Diagonal Stripe Pretty Panels
Spellbinders Grommet Tags
Cuttlebug Swiss Dot EF
GKD Grateful Heart patterned paper
GKD Cranberry button

Please visit the Just Us Girls blog to see the beautiful cards the rest of the team and our GD,  Barbara Hagen, have made this week.  I hope you will be inspired and want to play along.  We would love to see how you are inspired by leaves!

If you win Chic of the Week in any of our September challenges, you will be in the running to be chosen as our Guest Designer for the month of November.  Good luck!

I am, also, entering this in the Curtain Call - Lovely Leaves Challenge.



16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love those leaves and your coloring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is amazing!!!! Can't say enough about how much I like it...one of your Best! Hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely! Those leaves are so pretty and I love the colors and pattern paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful rich colours and lovely layering, Sharyn ... such a fabulous autumnal feel! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharyn, there are so many elements on this amazing card. But, I think that the wonderful colors of paper that you picked out the DP really make it POP. Love the design of the leaves in this layout. Great Card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love everything about this, Sharyn. The texture, the colors, and the use of the twine behind the button. So many layers, and they work so well together. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous my dear! Love your leaves and the wood grain dp, the sentiment and of course your fabulous coloring! Have a Blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card! Love the leaves and all your layers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous. I love those leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely gorgeous! Those leaves are so pretty, love the arrangement with the twine and button. Great design and composition!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the arrangement of the leaves with the twine and button. Great design and composition.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty card. I love how you did the woodgrain background. Your coloring on the leaves really makes them lifelike.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful autumn card! Your leaves are stunning and the gorgeous background papers and colours really highlight them well! Your button is such a great touch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all those awesome layers! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry I was late with my comment Sharyn. The coloring is great on your card this week. I love how it is layered.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.